Home Alcohol Detox
How to Safely Detox from Alcohol at Home
Whether you’ve made an active decision to quit alcohol for the benefit of yourself or those around you, you’ll inevitably need to go through what’s known as alcohol detox. While some choose to do this during residential stays here at Infinity Addiction Solutions, others do choose Home Alcohol Detoxes.
Many opt for this for the simple fact that home offers a familiar and comfortable surrounding during what can be a challenging time. There’s often no place quite like home. It feels safe and secure. Detoxing at home however, isn’t without its risks.
The Risks Of At-Home Alcohol Detoxes
Many are under a false impression that detoxing from alcohol isn’t as dangerous as detoxing from other substances however, this could not be further from the truth. When detoxing from alcohol, there are life threatening risks involved due to the nature in which the body reacts – these are known as withdrawal symptoms.
Withdrawal symptoms can be painful, tough to manage and can last for weeks. Going through this unsupervised can make it not only difficult to maintain but increase the risk, especially as sudden alcohol cessation can lend itself to seizures, hallucinations and even heart failure.
Although these particular side effects are rare, they’re still a side effect you should be aware of. It’s also worth noting that while you may be doing this from home as opposed to taking the time to visit a clinic or even reside in one temporarily, it’s still highly likely that you’ll need to take time from your schedule to do this as work may become impossible at times.
- The comfort of your own home, that’s familiar and safe
- There are no additional financial obligations as you aren’t paying for the residential stay in a treatment facility
- Complete privacy and anonymity
- Much higher risk of mental health side effects not being dealt with
- Higher risk of physical side effects not being dealt with
- Lack of medical knowledge to address potential problems
- Higher risk of a setback
- Lack of medication which lends itself to a lower level of symptom relief
- Greater harm to relationships throughout discomfort and withdrawal period
The Benefits Of Medically Supervised Detoxes
Due to the serious risks noted above, at Infinity Solutions, we always recommend a medically supervised detox. It’s not only safer but an option we believe that’s better all round. Here’s why…
- Heightened support from those who are aware of what could happen regarding withdrawal symptoms
- A safer and more structured environment
- Medical stabilisation is available should you need it
- Therapeutic intervention can also be made available
- You can still enjoy family support when needed
All treatment is followed by an after-care program to give you the best support possible.
Thank you Infinity for sorting out the detox for my Dad. You are great.Catherine M
The case management service is brilliant and you have supported me so much I owe you my life. Im 6 months clean now and feel alive again thanks to you.Ben
Infinity arranged treatment for my daughter and have been amazing throughout the whole process. knowledgeable and always willing to help. I can't thank you enough as i've now got my daughter back.SarahJob Title
The family training was outstanding. You have given me such a good understanding of addiction and I am now able to help support my son. So informative.Denis